Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Purdy

Slate Board & Pencils.pdf
In the nineteenth century nearly every school were writing on slate ....

Click on file to view full screen....

Cawston Winter 1987.pdf
Winter January 1987 Sygate Road

Changes Over 50 Years 1948 to 98 by Trudie Wilkinson.pdf
Fifty years ago, in 1948, Cawston was a self-contained village; everything you wanted or needed was here....

Click on file to view full screen....

Carnival 2007.pdf
Cawston Carnival-Hailed a success by all, room for improvement of course but.... Click on file to view full screen....

Howard Builders & Undertaker.pdf
Photos of staff and invoices etc. Richard Bothway Howard's Father Norman (1904-1972) was a Master Builder from M.D. Howard & Son, Cawston, The business was started in 1886 by his great uncle W.A. Howard who lived at Church Farm,…

Harmonica Band.pdf
The Cawston Harmonica Band was made up from members of the Cawston Wesleyan Reform Chapel.

Click on file to view full screen...

Railways & Transport.pdf
The railway/station opened in 1880 and was on the Great Eastern Line, which in 1923 became part of the London and North Eastern Railway. passenger trains ceased in 1952.... Click on file to view full screen....

Mills at Sygate Cawston.pdf
It was quite unique for 2 windmills to be built on the same site as the twin mills at Sygate being only about 50 yards apart and linked by railway lines, built possibly at the same time as the 4 Mill Cottages by the road in front of the mills and…

Cawston Heath.pdf
This lovely area of heathland to the east of Cawston might be considered to have changed little over the centuries. This may be true in some respects, for the birch trees, gorse, and heather continue in their beauty, but our ancestors of the First…

Memorials & Remembrance.pdf
Memorial & Remembrance project is on going and will be updated as time permit....

Please click on file to view full screen.....

Back Lane from Church.jpg
Photo: Back Lane, Norwich & Brandiston Road Early 1960’s
Photo taken from Church Tower.

Snippets from Cawston’s Past:

Back Lane, Cawston - There is an interesting theory concerning this stout name. It is that the back lane was the division…

Wesleyan Reform Chapel  Chapel St.jpg
The Wesleyan Reform Chapel: Opened for place of worship at Chapel Street in 1829 and closed 18th April 2006.... For more  information about the Wesleyan Reform church Click on this link: http://thewru.com/Cick on files to view full…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2