Browse Items (17 total)

  • Tags: road

Cawston Winter 1987.pdf
Winter January 1987 Sygate Road

Hutton & Gould Butchers.pdf
Mr Frederick George Hutton, father of Billy (Photo Left) had a Butcher Business at the Lamb Inn.... Also see: Company Sgt Major W.J. Hutton Click on file to view full screen.....

Jimmy Payne.pdf
ROBERT JAMES PAYNE, the seventh in a family of nine children, was born at Wood Dalling 82 years ago, and has been known in Cawston and the sur­rounding area as a friendly, quick-witted and efficient farmer....

Click on file to view full…

Photos from Above.pdf
Photos from above including photos from church tower.

Click on file to view full screen....

Norwich Road Photos Inc Guide Map.pdf
Norwich Road Photos including Guide Map.... Access to William Bush Close. Jubilee Close. Bowls Club and the Cemetery. Click on file to view full screen....

Brandiston Road from Back Lane.pdf
Brandiston Road Photos

Click on file to view....

Reepham Road Salle Beck.jpg
Reepham Road: The Substation at Salle Beck was first installed around 1935 when electricity came to Cawston.

In 2009 work started on the new substation for the offshore wind farm off Weybourne on the Norfolk Coast which was completed in…

Sygate Southgate photo selection.pdf
Early last century some misguided surveyor working on the first 1-inch maps of this area decided to rename this hamlet "Southgate", and so it appears on Ordnance Survey maps to this day. However, the name by which we know it, and which is included in…

Eastgate Photos with history.pdf
File 1/ Eastgate Photos.... File 2/ Life at the Ratcatchers Row. Eastgate by Michael Yaxley.... File 3/ Rough Guide Map.... Click on file to view....

Holt Norwich Road.pdf
Old County directories refer to the Woodrow as being one of Cawston's three "scattered hamlets". along with Eastgate and Sygate. There is much to interest the local historian in the anecdotes concerning this area. Many of us remember the impressive…

A Walk Down Chalel Street 1930s by Ivan Purdy.pdf
Chapel Street: History of Chapel St/Prince of Wales Rd from the Parish Magazine, January 1995 by Dennis W. Easton. First of all there were the Mills at Sygate driven by the wind when my grandfather left school in the 1860's he went to work at the…

Booton Road Goose Pie Lane Photos.pdf
A walk along the road to Booton - "Booton Green Lane" as many of us know it is a sentimental journey, recalling the first time I passed. that way in April, 1952, when the banks were bright with primroses and violets and other flowers. At that time…

Aylsham Road.pdf
The Road from Cawston to Aylsham, the B1145: Leaving Cawston. The first right is Cooks Hill and was originally known as Stocks Hill, the stocks were in this area, probably on the site of the new houses built in 2001 opposite the Post Office, joining…

Ratcatches Bowls Club 1955.pdf
The White House Bowls Club: During 1965 the White House Bowls Club played friendly matches with various local clubs, about one match a week was played. The club had two trophies:- Presidents Trophy (Pairs) won by Mr A. Cox and Mr C. Thompson, 1965…

Methodist Chapel.jpg
Opened a place of worship at Norwich Road in 1861. Cawston Methodist Chapel was built in 1861. The land was purchased from Mr W. Tuddenham for the princely sum of £10-00. the contract for the building was £99-00. It was built by a Mr R. Skipper.…

Lucky Strike Plane Crash.pdf
Memorial at Booton Rd. In 1944, Cawston was the scene of a plane crash involving an American bomber.... In 1996 a memorial to the crew of the "Lucky Strike" was unveiled by its Flight Engineer, Jack Sasson.... Click on file to view full screen....

Village Sign.pdf
In 1937 the Cawston Sign was carved and painted by Mr. H. Carter of Swaffham, it was unveiled as a memorial of the Coronation of King George V1, by H.M. Lieut, of the County, Mr Colman and given by the Parish Council, the centre panel shows a weaver…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2